Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring!!

Spring is here! I love this time of year every thing seems fresh and new. This is also my favorite time at work, and this year especially is exciting because we are hosting the Regional Dance America festival in Richland this year. I'm just excited for the next few weeks and every morning even though I wake up with a million things to do, I just feel good and can't wait to get going.
Regional Dance America is a group of Ballet Companies across the United States and it is split up into 4 region we are located in the Pacific Region and every year one of the Companies host the festival in their city (it's the best when it's in California!) But anyways we are hosting and since I'm an employing of our company Mid-Columbia Ballet (besides my job teaching) I get to help. My boss asked me to be in charge of the food and she told the girls it's because I'm Mormon and I'm use to having meals with large groups of people haha. So I have been planning menus for 4 nights for 600 people and the week before festival 30 dancers are flying in to learn and piece that will be shown at the festival so I'm also in charge of their meals each day for 5 days. Anyways it's been pretty crazy trying to figure out food that vegetarians, vegans, and picky dancers would like but I'm up for the task!
So with all that I have to find time to teach my regular classes 5 days a week and plan out recital dances for all of them that I just started this week! And Peter and the Wolf performances have started that I've been working on with my dancers every Friday night since January. They perform the Ballet and different Elementary schools in Tri-Cities almost every Monday and Friday since the beginning of the month until school gets out. And to top it all off I was just called to be the Laural Advisor in my ward (which I'm really excited about) but they asked me to teach a lesson for the whole Young Women's my 2nd week in (yeah when do I have time for that) but I know it will work out...it always works out. Brad gave me a blessing a few nights ago and I have such a new outlook! It's great to have a husband who can give me one anytime I'm in need!
The basement is done!!!! They put carpet in Wednesday and it's beautiful. This weekend we are going to get some couches and actually have a comfortable place to sit besides our bed. Also Brads cousin and his wife moved in this week. It will be a fun summer I'm thinking. Everything is just coming together, I just need to keep my head on straight and it will be good!

4 comments:

Sara said...

just make time for your silly soul sister... I miss you sister... I want to see you and spend time with you... make time for me soon!

COngrats on everything you were meant to do all this stuff and you will be great at it, just keep smiling and you will have a great time! Can't wait to see you family room, just make it child proof so we can come over.. ha ha ha ha!

NaDell said...

Cool stuff! You are amazing! If you ever need a break from all that for a little while, come and visit me. =)

KMower said...

I'm so glad to see all these posts!

You sound busy--but it sounds fun! Good luck with feeding that many people, holy cow! And we really can't wait to come up and visit. I can't believe your basement is done! How exciting!!

Love you and miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

That's so great about your home. It's so exciting. I can't wait til we are at that point in our lives. Everyone takes life differently and it'll work for you to have a home first, before babies.