Monday, May 23, 2011

Vegas BABY!!


For our Ballet Festival this year we went to Las Vegas!!! Las Vegas never really was on my top list of places I wanted to go back to. When I was little we would go visit my aunt there, and I really didn't remember the strip to be that amazing. Then when they told me we were going to Vegas for our festival this year, I was just excited to get away...and be warm. Well the weather sucked but we had a BLAST!!!
On Sunday we (and by "we" I mean Gaye who is my bosses sister) and 18 girls flew to Las Vegas. We stayed in a Hotel off the strip where all our classes, meals, and performances took place. So basically I didn't go outside for 4 days...and did I mention the hotel was filled with smoke. Besides the stinky-ness, I had fun watching classes and getting inspired by other teachers, and getting inspired by all the amazing dancers. Now this was my 11 festival. I started going when I was 14, and haven't missed one since. I never remember the dancers being so good!! They get better every year, and so do our girls. The last night of the festival was the Gala performances and banquet. Four of our girls got scholarships to summer programs or dance camps, and one of the older girls got accepted into Julliard!!! After the dinner we went midnight bowling at the hotels 70 lane bowling ally. It was crazy...we were the loudest by far and realized by our bad scores how tired we were. Pretty sure I got a total of 20 hours of sleep the whole trip.
Thursday we hit the strip. Debra who is my boss could have a second job as a travel agent. She is amazing at planning trips and activities. There never was a dull moment. I'm not one of those people who on a vacation likes to hangout and do whatever...I like to have a plan. And boy was this day planned out very well.
We went and saw the Lions at MGM, rode the roller coaster at New York New York, saw the fountains at the Bellagio, went to the Forum shops at Caesars Palace, saw the volcano erupt at the Mirage, took a hour bus tour at night up and down the strip to see the lights, took pictures at the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign, and my personal favorite saw the Cirque Du Soleil show "Beatles LOVE"!!!! It was amazing. I along with all the girls we brought, want to be a Cirque performer now. I just need to get over my fear of heights (haha since I have everything else it takes to be one:)
It was a great festival and a great trip!!




2 comments:

NaDell said...

Sounds like a pretty fun trip! Fun activities! They have to keep the dancers busy and out of trouble.
Andy and I rode NY NY when Elizabeth was little.

Sara said...

Sounds like it was a blast 'Sister' glad you had fun! I wish Dave was like that busy busy busy... I could totally do that. One of these years You and me are going on a trip together and it's goign to be chuck full of fun events! Glad your company did so well... I can't believe one of them got into Julliard! That is awesome!