Saturday, May 21, 2011

Birthday Time!

So I turned 25...I was not very happy about this. The night before my birthday I had a little break down. Now I know 25 is not that old, and people tell me "just wait until you are older, 25 is not that bad." But when you feel like you are 18 still, and people think you are 18 still...25 is a little scary. I started to think about where the last 7 years have gone. I have accomplished a lot though. I have the husband I always wanted, the job I always wanted, and a beautiful house. I know I'm truly blessed, but the time sure has flown by (I know it will only go faster from here).
When I woke up on my birthday I was feeling a little better. I didn't have to go to work so I got to spend the whole day with Brad. We went to breakfast, saw "Water for Elephants" (so good) and finished off the night with some Famous Daves BBQ. I told Brad all I wanted was clothes, which is what I always want every birthday. I got them in the mail a week before my b-day and he made me wait to wear them. He wrapped them up and gave them to me with a Ipod. I was not expecting that. Brad always spoils me though...and so did the rest of my family. I don't know what I did to deserve all the generosity. I need to be more generous to others!!!
I'm doing ok with the age change now. Although, I almost lost it when I went back to work and one of my boy students said "Happy half way to 50!" yeah...I could have gone without hearing that. But it's the way it goes...we get older and wiser. Hopefully someday the wiser part will happen to me!

4 comments:

NaDell said...

Ah, youth. I almost remember that. Just kidding. I think you'll always feel young. Glad you got some fun presents you like. Your cake was delicious. =)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! There are pros and cons to every age but it's not the number that matters, it's how you look and feel. You will always look younger than you are and that will always be a plus on your side. So love that! ;) Glad you had a nice weekend.

Sara said...

Just wait til your 30 and realize... Juilia Roberts made how many movies before she was my age? Yeah I know kind of irrevelant but I don't feel that old... but yet I am... I know when I turned 25 I was still single it all did change by the time I was 26 but still I was a lot more depressed... least your not almost 40 like Andy! Ha ha ha! Just kidding! Well love ya sister sorry I missed your party and glad you got some great stuff... I love how you clench your fists when you blow your candles out! sister love you!

Brett and Kimberly said...

I'm so glad you had a hard time turning 25 because I really can't face it! You handled it well :) Way to go! Happy Happy Birthday :)